VMware Cloud Community
mgordon129
Contributor
Contributor

Error from PostgreSQL

I keep getting the below error from the install PostgreSQL with Hyperic, any ideas on how to fix it?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: PostgreSQL
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 4/20/2007
Time: 9:28:57 AM
User: N/A
Computer: $$$$$$
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( PostgreSQL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: [2007-04-20 09:28:57.159 ] ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint "eam_measurement_data_pkey"
0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You can safely ignore these errors, they just indicate that a metric data point that was collected conflicts with an existing datapoint in your system. I'm a bit surprised that PostgreSQL logs these to the event log.

Are you running with your own PostgreSQL database or the one we bundle with HQ? Also, what version of the HQ server are you running?

-Ryan
mgordon129
Contributor
Contributor

3.0.3 with the bundled db... any ideas on how to stop it? i get about 1500-2000 a day with only one or two agents.

Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
mosco
Contributor
Contributor

I see the same errors in the window application log. I just installed hyperic 3.0.4 yesterday and I am using the built-in postgre database that is installed with hyperic.
0 Kudos
PaulHanson
Contributor
Contributor

I get around 1000 a day on Solaris 9, running Hyperic 3.0.4 #389
0 Kudos