VMware Cloud Community
rajamurugan
Contributor
Contributor

Does Hyperic support network failure

Hi,

I need a great help now after my set up of hyperic..

I will explain the environment now::

Suppose i have 2 servers with different ip range and in between this 2 servers there are, say, for example 3 routers.

So there can be 3 point of failures in the network.......

Can anyone help me to know whether hyperic can handle this network failure intelligently and transfer data between servers through some proper path.

So i want to know whether hyperic can support network failure.

Kindly help me in this regards and send some good docs so tat i can refer to that and how to setup such config in hyperic.its urgent........

Await ur reply............

Regards
Suvra
0 Kudos
4 Replies
afrosheen
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think this is about Hyperic, it's more about how your network responds to network failures. The packets will take whatever path they're given through your routing tables etc. If each router can failover successfully and take over the routing and traffic of each other, Hyperic will keep working no matter what. Matter of fact, that's kind of how the internet is designed, each core router is supposed to re-route in case a router in their chain is overloaded or goes offline.
0 Kudos
rajamurugan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply.....

So that means there is no such configuration steps in hyperic I should follow in case of network failures..It will take care of that itself right....

incase of router failures n other things it will automatically monitor right??

Regards
Suvra
0 Kudos
rajamurugan
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

i did some mistake in explaining the issue as discussed:

the set up is same::

actually my question was will hyperic be able to identify the point of failure in network

were it has failed and give us any logs or info........

pls let me know its urgent
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi raja,

please have a look at this threads:
http://communities.vmware.com/message/1924261#1924261

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1922517#1922517

Mirko

P.S. Searching the forums archive is always a good idea 😉
0 Kudos