VMware Cloud Community
Argon0_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Different Levels of Monitoring for similar servers...

OK, I have ~ 15 SQL servers within my organisation, some of them I need to monitor everything with, some I only need the basic metrics. All have the Hyperic 4.5.1 agent installed on.

I have been into the Admin tab and changed monitoring defaults so all servers show all stats, but this is overkill for me.

Is there a way to set some of my SQL servers to monitor only a subset of the defaults?

Is there a way to copy the monitoring templates, then alter them in order to monitor different things?

Can I go into a server/service/platform in hyperic and change what is monitored there? (I can't see where this would be if it is).

Thanks

Argon0
0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

OK, I can see where to disable collection of certain stats, but not where to ADD additional collections.

How am I (Argon0) logged in as AlexisJohn113? Don't like this board software..

Message was edited by: alexisjohn113
Argon0_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

AND, it is imho daft that to enable a metric you have to change its collection interval, rather than just be able to click on enable collection.

In the same way as you can click on "set selected metrics as indicators" (you can't, by the look of it, use a metric as an indicator unless it is being collected, though you can mark it as such, so marking something as being an indicator should turn on the metric by default - imho)

Addendum - it seems to be unnecessarily complex to set up these sorts of things, a bit of thought would make this a lot easier.

I love Hyperic's power, etc.. but the administration of it seems to be a nightmare.

Message was edited by: Argon0
0 Kudos