VMware Cloud Community
sirtech
Contributor
Contributor

Dashboard - Left and Right Pane Restrictions?

I'm very new to using HQ, but the forum and manual (http://support.hyperic.com/display/DOC/ui-Dashboard) don't appear to have any comments on this.

When adding portlets to my dashboard in HQ, I only seem to be able to add certain metrics to the left and right panes. There seems to be a division between what is allowed on the left, and what is allowed on the right hand panes. Specifically, the UI allows me to add Search Resources, Saved Charts, Recently Added, Availability Summary, and Summary count portlets to the left hand pane only. On the right hand pane, the UI allows me to add Favorite Resources, Recent Alerts, Control Actions, and Metric Viewer portlets.

For me, this means my right hand side is substantially longer than my left, because my dashboard is configured to show a status-snapshot rather than alert / control. I know I can move the portlets up and down, but I don't seem to be able to drag them to the other pane.

Am I missing something, and if so, how do I get my metrics to move to the left hand pane?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
bclark_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have commented on this in the past too. I wish that you could move portlets from one side of the dashboard to the other, but this is not available in the current release. Not sure if there is a formal request in for this functionality or not.

Feelin' your pain.
Brian
0 Kudos
sirtech
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm ok so it truly isn't supposed to be possible then. I think it would be a good idea for the manual to at least reflect that the left and right hand dashboard panes are only available to certain portlets then. This would then be a documented behavior, rather than users having to discover it the hard way and be confused.
0 Kudos