VMware Cloud Community
StevevandenBuys
Contributor
Contributor

Creation of a new plugin that tracks the Websphere event queues

Hello,

we would like to use Hyperic HQ to monitor our production systems. One problem area however is that we would like to track MQ events using the MQ event queue mechanism. This is a sort of built-in logging mechanism in MQ (an alternative to the more common file logging). As far as I can tell the current Websphere plugin doesn't provide this functionality. So, then we thought about implementing such a plugin ourselves. What we would like is the following:

We would like a plugin that can be configured to connect to one or more of the MQ event queues, read the event messages and determine (using your alert mechanism) whether an alert for this specific event needs to be sent to someone.

I've read through the PDK documentation but I'm under the impression that what I want to do is of an entirely different level than what is presented in the examples. So, although I perfectly understand the examples, I'm still in the dark as to how I should write the plugin described above.

Any pointers in the right direction or, ideally, a sort of "how to write plugins from scratch" would be very much appreciated!
0 Kudos
0 Replies