VMware Cloud Community
jvelasca
Contributor
Contributor

Configuring Hyperic HQ Server and Agent

Hello, i`ve installed correctly the server and the agent on the same host. And i put server and agent as windows services.
But when i run the server, and after i run the agent, and i login in, the agent doesn`t appear on auto-discovery, and i can`t add to inventory the other servers due to the following exception:

"Unable to import platform : org.hyperic.hq.appdef.shared.AIQApprovalException: Cannot approve platform: Unable to connect to 10.109.102.99:2144: Connection refused: connect"

Can anyebody help me to monitorize the Agent.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
staceyeschneide
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Try restarting the agent: http://jira.hyperic.com/browse/HHQ-1852
0 Kudos
jvelasca
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, but i tried this and i tried also restart the server and the agent doesn´t appear in autodiscover. And i can´t create a new Server due to this problem on Agent:

"The configuration has not been set for this resource due to : Agent error: Unable to connect to 10.109.102.99:2144: Connection refused: connect"
0 Kudos
t1h0m1r
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this problem before, and it usually is something very simple that we just overlook. In my case the issue was that the HQ client implementation was picking up the wrong IP for the client, and thus it was getting "Connection refused". Make sure you have the proper IP addresses. If you have to, reinstall the client, and edit the agent.properties file, and make sure the settings are correct.

In case this does not help, I have some advices: make sure the connection between client and server is open and not blocked behind any firewall. Try to telnet to the specified ports on both client and server. The best thing to do would be getting a packet sniffer, like snoop or WireShark and see the exact communication between the two machines.

Hope these help.
0 Kudos