VMware Cloud Community
DreadPirateFlin
Contributor
Contributor

Chart question

I've been playing with HQ for the last 12 hours or so, and it seems like a really cool piece of software, very glad you guys decided to make it open source. I just have one question about the charts- it seems that some charts have just the little dot to describe the value of the metric, while other times it has a dot inside of a vertical blue line. It seems clear that the blue line is defining some sort of range, but I can't figure out what. Is this the baselineing mechanism? If so- it seems that it should show up on every data point (in time), but it only appears sometimes. If anyone can shed any light, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

/DPF
0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The charts that you are referring to are the Indicator Charts. The indicator charts are displayed as column charts, where the area of each column indicates the value range (the high and low values) of the metric. The average value of the metric is indicated by the cross in the column. Each column represents 1/60 of the time range that you have selected for the metric display range. If there were only 1 data point in that time range, or that the data points collected in that time range all have the same value, then you would see just the blue dot, rather than a range of values.
0 Kudos
DreadPirateFlin
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I mean, I guess I assumed thats what it was, but they seemed sporadic enough (no columns when I see spikes, etc). Thanks again!

/DPF

Message was edited by: DreadPirateFlint
0 Kudos