VMware Cloud Community
Bri1
Contributor
Contributor

Change Default "Items Per Page" Value?

I find myself constantly changing this value to "All". Can this be changed someplace?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Bri1
Contributor
Contributor

I tried messing with the following...

[hq-engine/server/default/deploy/hq.ear/hq.war/WEB-INF/classes/ApplicationResources.properties]
ListToolbar.ItemsPerPageLabel=Items Per Page:
ListToolbar.ItemsPerPage.15=15
ListToolbar.ItemsPerPage.30=30
ListToolbar.ItemsPerPage.45=45
ListToolbar.ItemsPerPage.ALL=ALL
ListToolbar.Total=Total:

Reordering them (putting ALL first) didn't have any effect. Changing the numbers (15/30/45 -> 25/50/100) just broke the labels in the Web UI, but kept the original values.
0 Kudos
BradFelmey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The short answer is "no". I have requested this before. The answer was that this is a piece of code reused for all the resource types (Platforms, Services, etc.), and having the ability to default "ALL" could cause slowdowns on systems with large amounts of resources.

I still feel that this should be a configurable value. Let the customer decide what their preferred default setting should be.
0 Kudos
Bri1
Contributor
Contributor

That's a bummer. I hope this setting is eventually made user-configurable also.
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

> That's a bummer. I hope this setting is eventually
> made user-configurable also.

Yes, Brad is correct, at one point we implemented the feature so that the 'Items Per Page' setting was saved on a per-user basis.

Unfortunately at that time there was no way to disable this and it ended up becoming more of a nuisance than anything else. A user would change to 'all' to view all their platforms, but then when clicking on the services tab the page would take minutes to load.

A good workaround would be to have seperate settings for each tab in browse resources. But then again, I'm not a UI guy.. Richard any ideas here?

-Ryan
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The problem is that it would have been complicated to have a UI that
tracks a different value per tab, and if there was an error when you
did ALL and if the tab remembered that, you would never get the page
to load fully to change it again. I would say it's a UI design issue
more than anything else. So, we'd be open to any suggestions on how
the UI should work.

Charles