VMware Cloud Community
jordy_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Cancelation of Downtime on group not working when it's in progress

Hi All,

I'm using the latest Hyperic EE and I've setup some recuring downtime. When this downtime is in progress / or when I manually set downtime and it is in progress, I can cancell it through the tools menu > Downtime. Problem is it does cancel it in the schedule downtime dialog, but it stays in "pause" mode. Looks like the agents are not responding to this request.

When I restart the "agent" on all these hosts it does work and I get the alarms and status info. Why can't I cancel a downtime and get the status directly back.

Looks more like a bug, then a feature.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jordy_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Can't anyone help with this? I now notice that even after the downtime. The "availability" stays 0.0% on all metrics until I've restarted the agents. All other metrics (except availibility) is working correctly.
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Jordy,

Which version of HQ are you using? There were some bugs around the stopping of downtime in older versions.

Also if you are an EE customer you can open support issues on jira.hyperic.com
0 Kudos
jordy_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

EE user. I'll check Jira.

I'm using the script provided for rescheduling downtime every night. Looks like it is starting the downtime correctly, but somehow the agents don't respond anymore after some hours of downtime.For Availability.
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I am not sure if you try to Clear Schedule button instead of Cancel button. Clear Schedule button works for me

Thank you,
Nipuna
0 Kudos