VMware Cloud Community
rhosier
Contributor
Contributor

Can discovery add to a mixed group or an application?

I have an application that is highly distributed, made up of 50 or so different types of processes that can run on any number of platforms. A customer can have multiple of these applications running on the same platforms and the processes are identified as belonging to a specific instance of the application by a unique identifier.

I can auto-discover the resources using plugins, but I don't see how to automatically create and place the various processes into a mixed group or HQ application in the plugin so that I can easily deal with the entire group. Can this be done and if so how is it done?

Additionally, is there any way to attach a metric to a mixed group or HQ application? There are some things that are best dealt with at a global level for our application and it may seem forced to collect the metric on a resource when the resource is only participating in the solution.

Thanks for any insights you can offer.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
rhosier
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like I can use the HQU Mass Groups to populate resources into a mixed group as I desire. I would prefer to just have the auto-discovery to have the ability to do this, but it looks like you have to approve the resource and if you cannot bypass this step then it doesn't look like you can set properties on the resource.

Any way of doing this with applications as well?
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Mass plugin does not create applications at this time. Glad you found
it for groups, though.

Charles

0 Kudos