VMware Cloud Community
dibbz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Blackout periods for alarms

I've been evaluating Hyperic to monitor some systems that have processes that run at different times of the day.

I've not yet found a way to set the times that these alarms should trigger, maybe I'm missing it in the documentation and interface.

Is this at all possible?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
staceyeschneide
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The closest thing we have is in Enterprise you can assign roles to be available by time of day and to recieve alerts based on those times. So the alert notification process can be engineered by time of day in that regard.

Also, as Mirko points out, multi-conditional alerts provide a greater level of specificity to when alerts fire, but do not necessarily take time as a factor. The new 3.2 release also lets you shut down alerts globally for planned maintenance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

sorry I don't see function right now. Hyperic HQ Enterprise Edition provides more features to create multi conditionered alarm but it doesn't provide a way to include time of day as a condition.

Mirko
0 Kudos
staceyeschneide
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The closest thing we have is in Enterprise you can assign roles to be available by time of day and to recieve alerts based on those times. So the alert notification process can be engineered by time of day in that regard.

Also, as Mirko points out, multi-conditional alerts provide a greater level of specificity to when alerts fire, but do not necessarily take time as a factor. The new 3.2 release also lets you shut down alerts globally for planned maintenance.
0 Kudos