VMware Cloud Community
ssvv27
Contributor
Contributor

Availabilty never zero

Hello All

I am new to Hyperic HQ and am trying to do a test run on local host to get acquainted with the software.

I have tried configuring availability alerts for a MySQL and Apache service, but in both instances, only alerts set to be triggered on availability=100% work. When I set an alert with a condition set to be less than 100% or equal to 0% an Alert is not generated when I manually stop the services from the Control Panel.

The Availability index only shows a blank value. I never see anything other than 100% in my availability metrics. Can someone help me with this please?

In the attached screenshots, APACHEUP always works. When I stop the Apache Service from control panel, the APACHEDOWN alert is not triggered.Rather APACHEUP gets triggered every minute even though the service is down.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
john_hyperic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I notice from the screenshot that you have the alerts set on the HQ Tomcat 5.5 server resource. You need to define the alert conditions on the correct resources, as the Availability of the HQ Tomcat resource does not reflect that of your Apache of MySQL resources.
0 Kudos