VMware Cloud Community
Coach86
Contributor
Contributor

Availability Problems

Hello

I work on a project with your product hyperic hq monitoring software. but my company needs also to monitor IBM I5 Server. I tried to set them up as network hosts. Its possible to check the available memory at all the time, but the general availabilty only works the first check at all....afterwards it always tells me that the host isnt available although the memory can be checked.

Same with a single computer, where an agent is up and running. Its possible to check cpu usage, but not availability (see attached print screen jpg)? Why? What do I have to change?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I ran into similar problems re: availability. Since this sounds like a
clean/new install I would first check the system clocks on both the
client and the server. They need to be close.

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 05:40 -0700, Coach86 wrote:
> Hello
>
> I work on a project with your product hyperic hq monitoring software. but my company needs also to monitor IBM I5 Server. I tried to set them up as network hosts. Its possible to check the available memory at all the time, but the general availabilty only works the first check at all....afterwards it always tells me that the host isnt available although the memory can be checked.
>
> Same with a single computer, where an agent is up and running. Its possible to check cpu usage, but not availability (see attached print screen jpg)? Why? What do I have to change?
--
| John Duino | Delcan Systems National |
| Senior Systems Engineer | 14320 Firestone Blvd. Ste 100 |
| j.duino@delcan.com | La Mirada, CA 90638-5526 |
| (310) 993-9188 - cell \|/ (714) 562-5725 x222 |
| v (714) 562-5728 - FAX |
| http://www.delcan.com |
| This message has been brought to you entirely through Linux. |
| No Micro$oft products were used to harm this data in any way. |

0 Kudos