VMware Cloud Community
BigBirdy
Contributor
Contributor

Are there any other support options available

I have been setting up a demo machine for a client to evaluate Hyperic and so there is a strong likelihood of a commercial license/purchase. However, although the forums have at times provided good suggestions and even solutions to some problems, I was wondering of there are alternative support resources for pre-sales evaluations. It would be nice to get some direct support/assistance so that I can adequately demo the product to my client. I have deployed numerous Nagios solutions but would really like to get a fully working Hyperic solution setup for testing/eval to see if I can deploy these as easily and reliably as I have the Nagios systems.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ama_hyperic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There sure are. You have 2 different options available to you.

We do weekly demo's at 11am PST. They are a fairly general overview of the product but we do have time usually for Q/A at the end.
http://www.hyperic.com/demo/weeklydemo.html

Or you can contact our sales team and request a customized demo for your technology and environment.

Sales
(415) 541-4975 x1
sales@hyperic.com
0 Kudos
WalshieMike
Contributor
Contributor

For any pre-sales support issues regarding the Enterprise Edition of Hyperic HQ, please email sales@hyperic.com and we will provide you the assistance that you need.
0 Kudos
BigBirdy
Contributor
Contributor

Pre-configured demos would not be of any use, we can certainly imagine what/how a fully configured system might work. Where we are having problems is getting a new, clean system to work properly and so would need to be confident that we could get it up and running quickly and successfully without having to commit hundreds of hours of configuration and debug time. I have installed Hyperic now on multiple machines at different locations and each time behavior is inconsistent. Sometimes monitored systems all work out of the gate, sometimes they partially work, and other times not.

For example, I had a mostly working system with 3.05 but had some strange behavior where some of the metrics would show up and others would not. So I removed and installed a fresh 3.1 and now some of those metrics that didnt work before, work fine now, and many that worked fine before, do not. And NOTHING else has changed. This inconsistent behavior causes me great concern with regards to reliability.

I need to show the client a working system in their environment and with their mixed bag of Win2k, Win03 and Linux clients. I will try the sales email address you suggested.

Message was edited by: BigBirdy
0 Kudos
ama_hyperic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The 3.1 release is a beta, it is very likely that you may see some odd behavior in it. For 3.0.5, did you have the metric collections enabled for everything you did not see metrics show up for?
0 Kudos
BigBirdy
Contributor
Contributor

Yes there were all sorts of strange behaviors with 3.0.5, which is what caused me to try 3.1. Some metrics, like Platform, would show most metrics but no "Running Process" or "Used Memory" on one client, but would show for another. So this would seem to suggest communication is fine. I have been spending so much time trying to get some basic monitoring running and each time I seem to install or re-configure, behavior is inconsistent. Almost ready to give up and return to Nagios. But I would really like to see some consistent and reliable behavior from this product and begin to push Hyperic to my clients. At this time I am not confident enough with its setup behavior.
0 Kudos