VMware Cloud Community
deeboh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Apache Monitoring w/o mod_status or mod_snmp

For security reasons my application has mod_status disabled (can't access the server-status URL) and snmp is not enabled on my servers nor is the port open across networks.

Is there any other way to monitor apache without having to reinvent the wheel with scripts and plugins.

thanks,

Deeboh
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dougm_hyperic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You could use the HTTP and/or MultiProcess platform services. From the platform view, Tools Menu -> New Platform Service

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dougm_hyperic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You could use the HTTP and/or MultiProcess platform services. From the platform view, Tools Menu -> New Platform Service
0 Kudos
deeboh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Doug, i'd forgotten about the those service settings. I supose if thats all I can get then i'm cool with it. I was hoping to be able to hack a way around having mod_status and vhosts being crippled by our security policy, w/o having to go through the humongous hassle of implementing snmp.

I also don't relish the thought of having to do the setup manually on 6 dozen severs...

some folks are advocating using AWS Stats for apache metrics, which personally makes no sense to me when we can get them for free with mod_status (and hyperic parsing of course:D).

If one late night you can remember some other shortcut i'd appreciate a shout out on this post. Otherwise i'll start diggin through the setup and keep an eye our for a post form another wayward adminstrator.

thanks again.

Deeboh
0 Kudos