VMware Cloud Community
chandra_thadi
Contributor
Contributor

Alert message sending to the email

How can we sent alert message to email recipient. I could not able to receive alerts message through email.
Can you please tell me how to send alert message to the email address mentioned in the 'notify other recipients'

Regards
Chandra
0 Kudos
4 Replies
cwitt_hyperic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This should be a matter of simply adding an email address to the "Notify Other Recipients" tab for the defined alert by clicking "Add to List". Is the alert firing and sending email to defined HQ users?
0 Kudos
chandra_thadi
Contributor
Contributor

This should be a matter of simply adding an email address to the "Notify Other Recipients" tab for the defined alert by clicking "Add to List". Is the alert firing and sending email to defined HQ users?

The alert is firing but the alert is not able to send email to defined hq users. How to do this, do I need to change any mail server address in any config file. Please tell its urgent for me.

Regards
Chandra
0 Kudos
cwitt_hyperic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I suspect there is some sort of SMTP specific error message in your server.log file referring to its inability to send alert emails. This problem is most common when the SMTP default setting of using the localhost is an incorrect or invalid value for your environment.

You can specify an alternate SMTP host by editing the server.mail.host value in conf/hq-server.conf. If the SMTP server you are using requires authentication to send messages from a remote host, you will also need to edit the conf/templates/jboss-service-events.xml file, adding the SMTP user and password values under the existing SMTP values like so:

<property name="mail.smtp.user" value="youremail@domain.com"/>
<property name="mail.smtp.password" value="YOURPASSWORD"/>
<property name="mail.smtp.auth" value="true"/>

After making the required changes, you will need to restart the HQ server. Following the restart, alert messages should be sent using the SMTP values you specified.
0 Kudos
mw_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

This post may also be helpful to you:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/347061?tstart=0
0 Kudos