VMware Cloud Community
nsummy
Contributor
Contributor

404 error after installation

So I just installed this on SBS 2003. The first time I did it, I only installed the server and not the agent. After installation I got an error saying the service could not be created. I uninstalled and reinstalled, this time doing a complete installation. No errors this time and when i go to start the server, it says its already started. I go to the dashboard and get a 404 error. Does anyone know what would cause this?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
bjchip_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The install doesn't configure and start automagically. It installs using a Tanuki service wrapper. I haven't done 2003 server yet, but I am about to.

respectfully
BJ
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

hi bjchip,

I think he is talking about the server. Is there an integration of the Service Wrapper for the HQ server part of the package ?

Cheers,
Mirko
0 Kudos
Dans_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When you shutdown the server. Do you check that the server is down (et no process running at memory)? (try to connect to dashboard and check if you found the server or get an 404 error too).
Do you have another webserver on the machine?

And a "kiddy" question: What is the url you use to access to HQ?
0 Kudos
bjchip_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think he's talking about the server too, and IIRC the installation of it still wants some setup in order for it to run.

In linux this is semi-transparent. I don't remember doing it but the configuration questions were asked and got answered on installation.

In Windows OTOH, the config had to be separately invoked after the wrapper was started (installed). That was on the agent. I'd be unsurprised at a problem there as I think the server is the same.

Also would be unsurprised to see a problem from using dhcp instead of a static IP (also possible, just less likely).

Then there's Windows firewall, Zonealarm or whatever other armor plate is being used on the system ... that's actually a more likely issue.

There are reasons I don't like to work on Windows. I don't list them because there aren't enough electrons in the universe.

respectfully
BJ
0 Kudos