VMware Cloud Community
Matembissa
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vm session time-out period problem

Hi there,

First off all i would like to thank everyone who will contribute on this post, i have a vcenter 5.0 and running vmware view client 5 as well, the problem is that on my infrastructure the vm´s sessions of the users are going on time out mostly after 7 or 8 hours of active session, that is probaly for security reasons, i want to deactivate this option but don´t know where to find the settings for that on my vcenter, dus someone know how to deactivate this feature?

Best Regards!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BilBens
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm a beginner on vmware view but I'm trying to help you.

The most common session disconnect is due to the VMware View Connection Server Session timeout.  This global setting will disconnect sessions after the timeout expires. The default setting is 600 minutes (10 hours).

To avoid these disconnects, educate users that an automatic session timeout exists and/or increase the timeout value in minutes via the View Connection Server>View Configuration> Global Settings and enter the time in the Session timeout dialog box.

Please do not forget the certification points for "helpful" and / or "correct" answers.

-------------

Bil Bens

Please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points to those Answers you found useful or correct.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BilBens
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm a beginner on vmware view but I'm trying to help you.

The most common session disconnect is due to the VMware View Connection Server Session timeout.  This global setting will disconnect sessions after the timeout expires. The default setting is 600 minutes (10 hours).

To avoid these disconnects, educate users that an automatic session timeout exists and/or increase the timeout value in minutes via the View Connection Server>View Configuration> Global Settings and enter the time in the Session timeout dialog box.

Please do not forget the certification points for "helpful" and / or "correct" answers.

-------------

Bil Bens

Please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points to those Answers you found useful or correct.
0 Kudos
Matembissa
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot BilBens,

Found it,  was getting kind crasy on that Smiley Happy

Best regards.

0 Kudos