VMware Cloud Community
thakkarjanak
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter server is not populated after adding in vcenter configuration manager

Hi,

I am using license version of configuration manager and that I have installed.

After installation I have install the vcm agent in my vcenter server and then added vcenter server in vcenter configuration manager. But details like agent version and all is not updated. Please check screenshot it is giving some warning message.

Please let me know if anyone has solution for that.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You have to click Configure Settings so you can select a Managing Agent and specify credentials to connect to the vCenter. Once that's done, you'll be able to collection Virtualization data from the vCenter.

0 Kudos
thakkarjanak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have done that and its giving message as attached.Message is "No Agent proxy machine found."

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

If you pull up the Help, there should be a section titled something like "Getting started with vCenter collections." This covers the steps involved in planning your environment, configuring a machine to be a Managing Agent, configuring the settings, etc. In small and/or test environments you can use the Collector itself as a Managing Agent.

You'll need to verify the Collector is trusted and enabled as a Managing Agent (Certificates node). And, if you're not running HTTPS for the web console, you'll need to bypass the security that prevents entering sensitive information over an unsecure connection (Settings\General Settings\Collector) IIRC.

0 Kudos
thakkarjanak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am working on that but now I am not able to login in vcm from browser. below is the error.

Any help on above please.

0 Kudos
thakkarjanak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Please find attached file for error.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

That doesn't look good. What happened to your Collector in the meantime? The connection information is under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Configuresoft\ECM\4.0\Common\DataAccess IIRC.

The one thing I know that will wipe this out is if someone unlocked the agent on the Collector (it's locked to protect it from things like this) and then forced a reinstall of the Collector's agent through the agent install exe or MSI.

0 Kudos