VMware Cloud Community
danieljarthur
Contributor
Contributor

vCM with multiple domains

Hi all,

I'm trying to work out my way around a vCM install having never used it before and I'm having issues with multiple domains.  An auto discovery has been configured which is a vcenter DB discovery and this works ok for machines on the same domain as the collector server, the issue comes about when machines on other domains are discovered.  The vCenter Discovery forces you to select a domain to import them as, vCM then cant communicate with them as DNS lookup fails ( i think its assuming all machines are on the same domain).  A nslookup on the collector server using the FQDN which works fine for the other domains.  The workarounds at the moment were initially to add server names and FQDNs to the host file on the collector server, Ive since found the connection string option where I can add the FQDN and this works OK also.

My question is how do I automate this?  Is there a way to auto discover machines in the vCenter on different domains and to be able to get them communicating without any manual intervention?

I hope the question makes sense and I look forward to your replies.

Thanks

0 Kudos
0 Replies