VMware Cloud Community
Ephos
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Patch assessments failing

I occasionally see this and sometimes its worse than others.  When I or my colleagues try and run an assessment against a group of servers for an assessment template in patching we'll get the following error...

The assessment has not returned any results, this assessment has been cancelled.  Please verify that the VCM Patch Management service is in a running state.

Every time we get the error the service is already in a running state, and sometimes restarting the service on the collector and re opening VCM on the client machine browser will help but not always.  Has anyone else seen this before?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The most likely cause is that you're conflicting with other running assessments. There is a setting under Administration\Settings\General Settings\Patching\General for Number of Concurrent Assessments. The default is 1. Try setting it to 5 or so...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The most likely cause is that you're conflicting with other running assessments. There is a setting under Administration\Settings\General Settings\Patching\General for Number of Concurrent Assessments. The default is 1. Try setting it to 5 or so...

Ephos
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks PChambre!!  It looks like that was what was causing it!  Our assessments must have been bumping into each other. 

0 Kudos