VMware Cloud Community
mghall
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

OS Provisioning Server and Software Repository Info

I was looking for some information on the OS provisioning server in the Advanced Install Guide for 5.8, but it looks like it's been taken out of that document. Did it get moved or deleted altogether. I didn't see anything in the release notes for 5.8 regarding this either.

Additionally, I was looking for information on the software repository. For the software that is listed there "out of the box" it appears that any updates are pulled from vendor sites. How do we change the location that the updates are pulled from? We've already got a server configured to pull updates for various vendors and I will also have a network that will not have Internet access. Can I point that to an internal server (satellite repository) to pull updates?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jmschulman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The OS Provisioning Server is still present in vCM 5.8, but it is not an actively developed feature. It is officially considered deprecated, and all application and OS provisioning tasks should be handled by vRealize Automation instead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jmschulman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The OS Provisioning Server is still present in vCM 5.8, but it is not an actively developed feature. It is officially considered deprecated, and all application and OS provisioning tasks should be handled by vRealize Automation instead.

0 Kudos