VMware Cloud Community
VirtualVen
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with Two Tier Fresh Install of vRealize Configuration Manager

Hi!

I am trying to do a split install of vRealize Configuration Manager 5.8 - the web and collector are on a windows server 2012 R2 and the database server is a windows server 2012 R2 with SQL 2008 R2 (all 64 bit).

The validation check for SQL server is not successful. The log file " typicalInstall" under \Appdata\local\temp\_csi_installation indicates that I have and existing VCM database on the SQL server, but this is a fresh install for both VCM and SQL and only the default databases and report database exist on the SQL server.

In the prerequisites section - for VCM database server - I have provided only the SQL server name "SQL-2" and also tried with SQL server name and instance  "SQL-2\MSSQLSERVER". But no luck. It says "database validation failed". Attached the screenshot as well.

Below is the error message from the logs. Can anyone please help???

2015-08-28 11:23:16,967 [1] DEBUG EZInstall.Utility [(null)] - [ 8/28/2015 11:23:16 AM] There seems to be an existing VCM database on the SQL server. Delete the existing database and retry validation.

2015-08-28 11:23:16,967 [1] DEBUG EZInstall.Utility [(null)] - [ 8/28/2015 11:23:16 AM] MDF:

2015-08-28 11:23:16,967 [1] DEBUG EZInstall.Utility [(null)] - [ 8/28/2015 11:23:16 AM] LDF:

Many thanks

Ven

Thank you Ven
1 Reply
VirtualVen
Contributor
Contributor

Just an update - going thru the advanced installation - the database validation is successful - I think there is some issue with the typical installation.

Wonder why VMware is not fixing it - looks like they have lot of products and are focusing only on the very important ones like (nsx). This is crappy VMware - you have to do better than this. As I browse thru the discussions - I see lot of people have this issue and nothing is being done to correct it. What is your QA team doing?

and guys one more thing - the professional services is just waste of money - some people from professional services are just practicing the install for a couple of times and visiting customer place to give professional advice and setup. These guys don't have any in-depth knowledge of the product.

SHAME on VMware to promote such things.

Thank you Ven