VMware Cloud Community
Pooley
Contributor
Contributor

Error running compliance

I'm trying to test VCM in a lab environment before deploying to production, but I have a major issue preventing this.

It seems everything else is working ok - agents are deployed to Windows Machines and I can see them. vCenter connectivity is also working fine and I can see the hosts etc.

However, I cannot get Compliance to work. I've tried using downloaded content and also tried configuring a basic new Rule Group/Template but whenever I select "RUN" against the template I get the same error (Message from webpage) "Error running compliance". Not sure if it's related, but some SSRS reports are ok, but when I select a compliance report - there are no Templates listed in the Templates drop-down box.

I'm running VCM 5.8.3 in a tier one configuration - all running on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Oulyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

couple of questions to ask - are you able to collect from the windows agents/vcenters?

Have you got new Template created with the new Rule group?

If the answer is yes - could you please run the EcmDebugEventViewer.exe from the VCM Istall folder/Tool, run the compliance template and upload resulting dbe file.

Thanks, Oleg

0 Kudos
Pooley
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Oleg,

I've managed to move things along slightly.

Yes - collecting from the Windows Agents/vCenter is working fine.

I actually found the 5.8 Advanced Installation guide so went through this and double-checked everything and now compliancy is working as it should. However, this seems to have broken reporting as every report I run now displays an error "Navigation to the webpage was canceled"....so I'm now working on that one !

Mike

0 Kudos
Oulyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

0 Kudos