VMware Cloud Community
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

Error While installing VCM 5.5.1

Hello ,

I am trying to install VCM 5.5.1 in virtual environment with Two Tired Installtion where DB server role and Collector, Web front end etc role are installed on different server. Installtion of VCM with DB and SSRS components on DB server were smooth but while performing installtion of remaining components on second server, i an getting error during istalltion at 16/41 package which is installtion of CM DB scripts. Attached below is screenprint of the same.

VCM install.JPG

which is failing while executing SQL script named "XPPatch_Upgrade_CORE_Migrated_Database_Setup.sql" From the error log if got the below mentioned error

begin SQL error ***
_com_error Exception. crComError.Description: Server: VMW-VCM-SQL, Object: VCM.sa.ecm_sp_security_sysdb_revokedbaccess, Nest Level: 2, Line: 200, @@SPID: 61, User: sa, Msg: ; ERROR_MESSAGE=Server: VMW-VCM-SQL, Object: VCM.sa.ecm_sp_submit_sql_exec_request, Nest Level: 3, Line: 0, @@SPID: 61, User: sa, Msg: sp_OADestroy return code @rc=-2147211480; ERROR_LINE=186; @@ERROR=50000 - crComError.Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
*** end SQL error ***

i am not sure where to look for more clues as i could not find anything in Vmware KB as well.

Please let me fix this issue

Regards,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
3 Replies
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

i got this issue figured out after a long struggle and i sucessfuly completed the installtion.

the issue turned out to be my over looking at documentation specially configuration SQL server. This issue is because of not appropriate permission to perform the job since SQL server services were running under Nerwork Account but it should run under LOCAL SYSTEM account.

it is always good to learn from mistakes , i will now never forget this lesson.

br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
OmarGallardo
Contributor
Contributor

I just Finish with issue, the problem was this

I was trying to install the mdf file and log file in the same Disk, I change the Log File Path and the installation finish correctly.

I Hope this help

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

As long as you have enough space (and the initial size is really pretty small), there is no problem installing the MDF and LDF on the same disk. In fact, many of our demo systems for small tests have everything installed on one disk.

The only other condition I can think of that cause SQL Server to prevent you from using one disk for more than one file is if you were using RAW instead of a formatted file system. When using RAW partitions, since there is no file system, there can only be one "file" per partition.

0 Kudos