VMware Cloud Community
fcarballo
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Chargeback + vCloud Director

My vCB is no longer receiving the updates from vCloud Director.

The new organizations and Org vDCs are not being created at vCB. At "System Health" all the data collectors are green, without problems.

The vCB logs don't shows any recent errors. Maybe anyone here had a similar problem and can give me a help.
Regards,
Felipe
Felipe Carballo - VCP5 - VCP-Cloud
0 Kudos
5 Replies
pmasrani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Felipe,

System health status of vCloud Director Data Collector (VCD DC) in Chargeback Manager (CBM) is reported inaccurately. The more correct way to check the status of VCD DC is to check it's heartbeat in the CBM database table CB_DC_STATUS in the HEARTBEAT column. Please check this column for the DC with DC_TYPE='vcloud_dc' and IS_RUNNING=1. The following database query can be used:

select HEARTBEAT from CB_DC_STATUS where DC_TYPE='vcloud_dc' and IS_RUNNING=1

This time should be close to current time (a difference of few minutes.) If it is not, then VCD DC might not be running.

Also, the logs for VCD DC are different then the vCB logs and are present at the location: VCD_DC_INSTALLATION_FOLDER\logs. If the VCD DC is embedded, the logs can be found at CBM_INSTALLATION_FOLDER\VMware Cloud Director DataCollector-Embedded\logs. You can check these logs to figure out if there are any issues in VCD DC.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Piyush

0 Kudos
fcarballo
Contributor
Contributor

@pmasrani,

Thank you for your reply. I checked the data into the mentioned table and the hearbeat is ok.

0 Kudos
pmasrani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Felipe,

If the heartbeat seems correct, please log an SR for this and attach VCD DC logs.

Thanks,

Piyush

0 Kudos
fcarballo
Contributor
Contributor

Piyush,

I did it yesterday. Smiley Happy

Thank you!

ps.: I'll update this post with the SR solution.

0 Kudos
fcarballo
Contributor
Contributor

The sollution provided by VMware was keep all the Compute Resources enabled.

0 Kudos