VMware Cloud Community
abergman89
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCBM not getting hierarchy from cloud

A couple of months ago we installed our vCloud Director, and last week we installed the CBM, both is latest version and there aren't many organizations in vCD. Everything looks green on the CBM system status, but the hierarchy isn't synced.

Any ideas on what the issue could be and how to fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pmasrani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Andreas,

CBM 2.5 integrated with fresh VCD 5.1/5.1.1 does not suffer from the issue mentioned by Justin in his comment. It is an issue for older version of integration and is corrected in CBM 2.5 integrated with fresh VCD 5.1/5.1.1.

The logs which you have mentioned are only info logs, and do not seem to affect your environment. VCD DB details are required by CBM only if VCD is 1.5.1 or older or in case of upgrades. Since your setup is fresh, the logs you have mentioned do not point to any discrepency in your setup.

Do you see any other ERROR, WARN or FATAL logs in your VCD DC logs?

Thanks,

Piyush

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
pmasrani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

As I understand, VCD is 5.1/5.1.1 and CBM is 2.5. Is that correct?

To understand the issue, are no hiearchies synced, some hierarchies synced or some of the entities in some hierarchies are missing?

Do you see any errors in CBM's vcloud data collector logs?

Are the VC's which are added in VCD also added in CBM?

Thanks,

Piyush

abergman89
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

Yes the versions are correct.

I could manually add the vcenter hieracht, but no vCD organizations are synced. No i couldn't see anything that looked like an error, the only thing that looks suspicious is that in the System health view, the cloud data collector says "not available/not applicable" on Host, other parts have a host.

Yes, the VC is also added.

Thx!

Andreas

0 Kudos
jgiland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Was Chargeback added to your solution after vCD has been running a while? There is an issue where Chargeback cannot sync previous vCD data if the vCD log retention has been met.

0 Kudos
abergman89
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, the vCBM was added after, but it won't sync new organizations either..

0 Kudos
jgiland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yep, those are the symptoms.

abergman89
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah, what is the solution? Is there any way to force sync och "restet" ?

0 Kudos
abergman89
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I checked the DC logs and found this

2013-01-20T22:21:44.228+0100  INFO [main] [base.RestApiExecutor] 5108: Registered the server URL: https://192.168.100.76:10000/vCenter-CB/api with the RestApiExectutor and the validateSslCertificate set to: false

2013-01-20T22:21:44.745+0100  INFO [main] [utils.CbServerPropertyHandler] 5625: Optional property {name:vcloudDcStatusJob.delay, category:vcloud} is either not defined or empty. Using default value 10

2013-01-20T22:21:44.748+0100  INFO [main] [utils.CbServerPropertyHandler] 5628: Optional property {name:vcloudDcStatusJob.period, category:vcloud} is either not defined or empty. Using default value 5

2013-01-20T22:21:48.967+0100  INFO [main] [base.RestApiExecutor] 9847: Registered the server URL: https://192.168.100.78/api with the RestApiExectutor and the validateSslCertificate set to: false

2013-01-20T22:21:49.362+0100  INFO [main] [utils.CbServerPropertyHandler] 0242: Optional property {name:db.host, category:vcloud} is either not defined or empty. Using default value

2013-01-20T22:21:49.362+0100  INFO [main] [utils.VcloudCommonUtils] 0242: Current VCD version is:5.1 and DB details are not present. Hence, not creating VCD DB connection

2013-01-20T22:21:54.784+0100  INFO [org.springframework.scheduling.timer.TimerFactoryBean#0] [utils.CbDcStatusJob] 5664: Intialized DC {id:1, type:vcloud_dc}

Where do I set the VCD DB connection details?

0 Kudos
pmasrani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Andreas,

CBM 2.5 integrated with fresh VCD 5.1/5.1.1 does not suffer from the issue mentioned by Justin in his comment. It is an issue for older version of integration and is corrected in CBM 2.5 integrated with fresh VCD 5.1/5.1.1.

The logs which you have mentioned are only info logs, and do not seem to affect your environment. VCD DB details are required by CBM only if VCD is 1.5.1 or older or in case of upgrades. Since your setup is fresh, the logs you have mentioned do not point to any discrepency in your setup.

Do you see any other ERROR, WARN or FATAL logs in your VCD DC logs?

Thanks,

Piyush

0 Kudos
abergman89
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I solved the issue, it seems like the portconfig was wrong during the installation, i reinstalled the application and emptied the databases, now it works.

0 Kudos