VMware Cloud Community
krjm
Contributor
Contributor

Using the Java api to get details about an entity in Chargeback

I am trying to find a way by using the Chargeback Java API to get details about an entity.

For example, there is a VM in the Chargeback heiarchy.  How do I get the ip address for that VM using Chargeback?

Keith

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HemanthPannem
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

Could you please elaborate your use case and why do you need this functionality from Chargeback product? Chargeback only gets the details of a VM that it needs for calculating cost. IP address of a VM is not fetched. You may need to contact the vCenter server directly to get this information.

Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos
jgiland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am currently out of the office. I will have limited access to email during this time.

If this is an immediate issue please call 1.800.697.7088 and they will be able to assist. Otherwise, I will follow up with you when I return.

0 Kudos
krjm
Contributor
Contributor

So we have to integrate the data that is in Vmware back into the company’s CMDB. I was just wondering if details like the IP, OS, datastore, metadata that is in VCD, and other like details could be pulled from the Chargeback so that they could be pushed into the cmdb.

In sounds like we will need to use the VCD api to fetch the details.

So if we poll the events from Chargeback via the api, how do we correlate the event Id to the entity in VDC so that we can gather more detail information?

0 Kudos