VMware Cloud Community
Divyesh777
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to synchronize the data collector

I am using a beta version of Chargeback 1.5. I installed the data collector and data collector is properly connected to vCharge back database. My storage synchronization with vcenter server shows status running with job interval as "30". However the job status of rest of the synchronization shows "failed" with the job interval as '-1". Atleast my VMs and templates synchronization should be running in order to perform any task with charge back. Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

why not use the GA version of chargeback 1.5? i dot not have such issue with the GA version.

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
HemanthPannem
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

Yes. You should move to 1.5 GA version which is stable.

But, in order to identity the problem, could you send us data collector log files?

Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos
Divyesh777
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help guys.

My team had already moved to the GA version. I was not aware of it. We found the problem. It was with the license key and now after reconfiguring all the vCenter Servers with the permanent key I am able to synchronize the data collector.

0 Kudos
A_Mikkelsen
Expert
Expert

Hi,

I got the same problem just running the GA of ChargeBack 1.5.

And my license will not expire for another 30 days

I have attached the vCenterDC.log

Hope anyone can help.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points.

Regards

A. Mikkelsen

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points. Regards A. Mikkelsen
0 Kudos