VMware Cloud Community
dokushinno
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to generate a report without supplying the Hierarchy Id and Entity Ids?

Hi,

I'm new to this Chargeback JAVA API.

What I wanted was to create/generate a report without having to provide a hierarchy id or entity id.

It's like more of a dump report for all the hierarchies and entities managed by the Chargeback server.

Thanks.

3 Replies
dprabhakaran
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi dokushinno,

Chargeback reports are tied to a entity or set of entities (which in turn tied to an hierarchy). Hence generating a report without hierarchy & entity id is not possible. If your intent is get a report for all the hierarchies (and its entities), you can write a program to iterate through all the chargeback hierarchies and generate report for those hierarchies.

Thanks

Diwakar

dokushinno
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Diwakar.

I would be doing something like this then... :smileyconfused:

HierarchyManagerImpl hm = HierarchyManagerImpl.getInstance();

List hierarchiesList = hm.getAllHierarchies(cbClient);

//loop hierarchiesList

// HierarchyEntitiesType entityType = hierarchiesList [n].getEntities()

// entityType.getEntities()

How do I determine if this "entity" is a "vCenter Server entity" and not "vCenter Chargeback Manager entity"?

Im quite confused on the following classes and please confirm if getting the steps for getting the attribute value is correct:

• HierarchyType
  • HierarchyEntitiesType
    • this has a getEntity() which returns a list of:
  • HierarchyEntityType
    • this has a getAttributes() which returns
  • EntityAttributesType
    • this has has a getAttribute() which returns
  • EntityAttributeType
    • does invoking getValue() return 101 for Chargeback Manager entity or 0 for vCenter Server entity? (based on cbm_users_guide_2_0_0.pdf, Table 4-1. p57)

Thanks heaps for any help. :smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
dokushinno
Contributor
Contributor

Hello?

0 Kudos