VMware Cloud Community
dalidavila
Contributor
Contributor

How to set a syslog for vCenter Chargeback?

Hi,

I need to know if its possible to configure a syslog for chargeback, at our architecture now we have this:

1 Chargeback Load Balancer server

2 Chargeback Manager

On each CBM we have configured:

1 Embeded Collector

1 vCloud director Collector

1 vShield Manager Collector.

As you know every collector generates its own log, same as te LB server, so we have a lot of files and servers over there and just to make a trece of all of them is becaming a mess.

Do you know any solution for this? We have a Syslog configured for the platform but, Chargeback seems not to be able to be configured to work with it.

Regards.

Tags (3)
2 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

all of the applications use logging 4 java (log4j for short).

Seach for the log4j.properties files on the system ... there should be one for each instance (CBM, and each data collector).

Ideally, you should be able to load the syslog module, and then configure log4j.properties to ship the information off to a syslog server.

There is a KB for vCloud Director, that can generally go over the process here ... but that being said, I haven't done it with Chargeback before.

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2004564

Dali_Davila
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I had to change my VMware account and I cant close this thread. Actually I dont know if its closed already. Smiley Happy

I have another problems where I really would appreciate your help.

Problem with Storage Tiering at vcloud director and chargeback, rate factor doesnt apply

vco 5.1 loses database configuration when the vco configuration service is restarted

0 Kudos