VMware Cloud Community
comeback
Contributor
Contributor

Hosts & Clusters and VMs & Templates Synchronization Failed- Chargeback

I have problem with ChargeBack DataCollector-Embedded. Hosts & Clusters Synchronization Failed and when I create chargeback report some VM not appear. I don't know why? Database connect ok. I attach chargeback log here. Plz help me. Thanks alots.

10-2-2012 3-21-34 PM.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Felicimo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm having the same issue after upgrading from vCenter Chargeback version 2.0.1 to version 2.5. The 'Hosts & Clusters and VMs & Templates Synchronization' job fails as well.

I also receive an error message when I login, as shown in the screen shot below:

vCB-Warning message.jpg

I selected the option to partition the database (as recommended by the installation) when upgrading the software. Not sure yet if that may have anything to do with the issue we're experiencing?

0 Kudos
comeback
Contributor
Contributor

I have problem with Chargeback 2.0.

0 Kudos
Felicimo
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE

I've managed to get rid of the error by reinstalling vCenter Chargeback!

I took a snapshot of my VM and a backed up the database before doing the upgrade. After receiving the errors, I then reverted back to the snapshot and the database copy and re-tried upgrading the vCenter Chargeback. Seems to have worked as all Chargeback Data Collector jobs services are running as expected. However the jobs they are not listed as 'running', but 'active'. I think that they may be a change in vCenter Chargeback 2.5.

As for the other error I reported about. After having reinstalled the application a good few times both using the option to partition the DB and not, I've had mixed results where the error of 'unequal columns' appeared in both instances. I did the reinstallation a number of times and finally upgraded my vCenter Chargeback application without using the option to partition the database without stopping all the vCenter Chargeback services. Both errors have not appeared but I can't be certain that not selecting the option to partition the database, or not stopping the vCenter Chargeback services resulted in getting rid of the error of 'unequal columns'. I also can't explain why the Data Collector jobs now appear to be working.

I'll keep doing some tests on the application to see if it's working as expected.

0 Kudos