VMware Cloud Community
Savita
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fixed cost breakup in Cost Report

Hello,

Is there a way to show breakup of the fixed cost in reports generated?

We have configured multiple costs at Vapp and VM levels depending on what services user want to purchase. Report is show them all added up.

Thanks,

Savita

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dprabhakaran
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Savita,

PDF reports are nothing but an representation of XML report. I think following XPath is the one what you are looking for:

//Reports/Report/ComputedData/EntityDetail/Entity/Parents/CostModel/FixedCosts/FixedCost

Please refer API guide for details.

Thanks

Diwakar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pmasrani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Savita,

In a pdf cost report, fixed costs can be seen as separate line items in the details section. Can you please attach a report so that we can understand the issue? Also, details like which CBM version and the entities in question will help.

Thanks,

Piyush

Savita
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am generation xml report using REST API call and customizing it as per our requirement to display on our website. Is there a way to get detailed fixed cost through REST or Java API?

0 Kudos
dprabhakaran
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Savita,

PDF reports are nothing but an representation of XML report. I think following XPath is the one what you are looking for:

//Reports/Report/ComputedData/EntityDetail/Entity/Parents/CostModel/FixedCosts/FixedCost

Please refer API guide for details.

Thanks

Diwakar

0 Kudos
Savita
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Diwaker,

Sorry for replying late. I am aware of this XPath but it contain only total price. Even if I have multiple Fixed Cost, it will sum up all and displays as one element. for ex.:

<FixedCosts>             
      <FixedCost>12460.7857101520</FixedCost>           
    </FixedCosts>

I want to know the breakup as well as name corresponding to fixed cost applied just like computing  resources:

<Resource id="10">                 
        <Name>vCPU</Name>                 
        <Usage>1.000</Usage>                 
        <Cost>3.3599922222</Cost>               
  </Resource>

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Savita
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry I just figured out I was looking under EntitySummary. Thanks for your help! 

0 Kudos