VMware Cloud Community
istroh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fix "Pay As You Go" vDC

Hi all,

I've made a mistake while creating an organization vDC in vCloud Director and set the value of "Maximum provisioned networks" to -1 (Network pool settings), as a result the new vDC doesn't turn up in organization hierarchy in Chargeback (under "Pay As You Go" tree node). Now I wondered if there's a way to tell Chargeback to accept this vDC and start recording VM values again other then creating a new vDC and moving all existing vApps into it?

TIA,

Igor

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pmasrani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Igor,

The root cause of your org vdc not appearing in Chargeback is not the value of "Maximum provisioned networks" for sure. It might be some different issue. Which version of CBM and VCD are you using? Can you pelase provide the logs? How old is your VCD environment?

Thanks,

Piyush

0 Kudos
istroh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Piyush,

CB: 2.5

VCD: 1.5.1

Don't know what the root cause is, but I can reproduce the issue running the code I posted in http://communities.vmware.com/message/2193472#2193472  -- note the params.networkQuota = -1; if I set it to 0 or some other positive value the vDC is picked up in CB after I create it.

I attached an excerpt of vCenterCB.log from C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware vCenter Chargeback\apache-tomcat\logs, let me know if I can provide some other logs.

Thanks,

Igor

0 Kudos
pmasrani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Igor,

That seems pretty strange. Chargeback Manager's VCD data collector logs will be more helpful then the logs you have provided. Also, can you please check CB_VDC table in VCD database, whether a event with type 'com/vmware/vcloud/event/vdc/create' exists for the VDC which is missing from CBM?

Thanks,

Piyush

0 Kudos