VMware Cloud Community
comeback
Contributor
Contributor

Error Chargeback

Hi everyone. I have problem with chargeback. Smiley Sad. Here is error. What log I can upload for anyone help me resloves this problem. Thanks alots.

8-3-2012 8-58-50 PM.png

8-3-2012 8-58-59 PM.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bparlier
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have seen this before...and if I remember correctly (and it is a related issue) this is directly related to the database supporting CBM. You can look through the CBM logs from the local machine to dig into the error.

0 Kudos
bparlier
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is from the troubleshooting guide:

Data Collector Service Fails and Stops Automatically
Data collector service fail and stop and do not start automatically.
Problem
Data collector service fails and stops automatically. Also, the data collector does not start automatically.
Cause
The data collector is unable to connect to the database.
Solution
1 Check whether the database service is started and running.
2 Check whether the database is reachable over the network.
3 Check whether the database details are configured correctly on the data collector.
Check whether the database details, such as the database URL and database user name and password, are
entered correctly for each data collector installed. These details can be configured from the Data
Collectors page of the Settings tab.
4 If you have installed the data collector on a virtual machine, check whether VMware Tools is installed on
the virtual machine.
The data collector service fails to start on a virtual machine if VMware Tools is not installed on the virtual
machine.
5 Restart the data collector service.

Worth a shot....the guide is at...http://www.vmware.com/pdf/cbm_bp_ts_guide_2_0_0.pdf

0 Kudos
HemanthPannem
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Data collector logs (vCenter-DC.log) will help us to identify the issue.

Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos