VMware Cloud Community
derekf
Contributor
Contributor

Emailing scheduled reports to specific users?

Hi there,

I've set up a couple of scheduled reports and I wanted to configure each scheduled report to have a different subject and be emailed to different recipients, however it does not seem to be possible.

I set something up for one scheduled report and then when I go to the other it seems to have the same settings as the first

Is it possible to configure for each scheduled report to have a different subject and be emailed to different recipients?

Derek...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dprabhakaran
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Derekf,

The requested feature is working as it is supposed to be. The behavior what you might noticed could be because of UI caching or other UI defect. I will request our UI team to look into this. In the mean time can you please recheck this and let us know?

Thanks

Diwakar

derekf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Diwakar,

Having now gone back into this it does look like it was a UI caching issue, but I don't seem to be able to see what the scheduled report is configured (unless I'm missing something).

On the Reports->Scheduled Reports tab I can see the two scheduled reports I've created.  These have not yet been run, but are due to be run tomorrow to generate reports for last month.

What I don't understand is how I see who they are currently configured to send emails to.

If I highlight a report and click on the Email Icon it opens the "Send an email..." dialog box but in empty default mode (ie no recipients etc).  Clickin on the Reschedule icon opens the schedule window, but again nothing about what it's currently configured for.

How do I manage, view, and change what reports are configured go go to?

Regards,

Derek...

0 Kudos
dprabhakaran
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Derek,

To confirm on this, we have a tracker for this issue and it is fixed for the next major release of Chargeback. Unfortunately there is no UI workaround, but you can use API to retrieve the details for the given schedule id.

Regards

Diwakar

0 Kudos