VMware Cloud Community
Zimeon
Contributor
Contributor

Couple of charegeback questions (Network/CPU/Mem cost reporting)

I've been looking into chargeback for a while now and there are a couple of problems that I havn't managed to figure out. The environment is using ESXi 5, vSphere5, CB 2.0.1 and vCloud 1.5.1. The

1) I've found that atleast in one case, if i select the Chargeback premade hiearchy for a vCloud organization, i get an incorrect result when creating a cost report for the complete organization. If i do the cost report for the whole organization, one of the vDC's inside it (it has 3 in it atm that contains VM's), one of the vDC's lack results for CPU and memory. Other coutners act as intended. Now if I select this one problematic vDC alone from within this hiearchy and create a cost report for it then, then I get the correct CPU and Memory values. So for some reasons this vDC is partly left out during the cost report generation of the complete organization.

2) External network statistics work, but only when i select the networks at the organization level. In other words, the Networks folder at the organization top level (Which contains all networks regardless of vDC) works when creating cost/usage reports and shows the corresponding used IP's in that network. If I then again select the same network within an vDC, I don't get the used IP's and thus the external network usage is calculted as 0.

These two problems have gotten the better of me and i have a feeling that these problems are more of a chargeback feature. I have a custom biling policy that has cpu, memory, external network traffic with the usage model. The cost template has values for cpu, memory and external traffic. And as these values work when creating a report from the right place, then it seems that the problem is elsewhere.

Any ideas? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dprabhakaran
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Datta,

Can you please look into this?

-D

0 Kudos