VMware Cloud Community
MrLINK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Computing Resource Values (CPU = zero etc.)

Hi!

I' using Chargeback 2.0.1 but I can't measure the consumed average CPU value. It only gives me 0 Ghz at every customer.

(The count of vCPUs is fine).

Best Regards!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mbrkic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You can use usage with Pay-as-you-go ovDCs.

Make sure that the billing policy that your cost model is using is specified as "usage" for CPU. Also make sure that you have a rate specified for the CPU resource for the reporting period.

Finally, for testing, you have to make the vApp use some CPU cycles (use cpuhog or something like that) and make the reporting period short, and/or the price artificially high so that the cost and usage do not round to 0.

If you do all this you should see non-zero usage and cost for the vApps that used enough CPU cycles.

Cheers,

Milos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MrLINK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, i got the eyplanation.. RTFM Smiley Wink

Why CPU or (better) the average CPU value og a datacenter is not provided within a Pay As You Go Model?

A Pay As You Go Model is exactly used for those purposes, but why it isn't supported?

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
mbrkic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You can use usage with Pay-as-you-go ovDCs.

Make sure that the billing policy that your cost model is using is specified as "usage" for CPU. Also make sure that you have a rate specified for the CPU resource for the reporting period.

Finally, for testing, you have to make the vApp use some CPU cycles (use cpuhog or something like that) and make the reporting period short, and/or the price artificially high so that the cost and usage do not round to 0.

If you do all this you should see non-zero usage and cost for the vApps that used enough CPU cycles.

Cheers,

Milos

0 Kudos
MrLINK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks. I used the wrong billing policy.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos