VMware Cloud Community
troyprouty
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Chargeback and RDM's

Does Chargeback take into account Raw Device Mappings when calculating the storage?  From what I can tell it doesn't but I wanted to confirm there wasn't a way to have that accounted for.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

vCenter Chargeback does not consider RDM storage today.  This is a known limitation and hopefully this will be addressed in the future.

In the meantime, the only way I have accounted for an RDM is by a manually configured fixed cost based on the size of the RDM and applied to the specific VM using the RDM.

Thanks.

Bill

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

vCenter Chargeback does not consider RDM storage today.  This is a known limitation and hopefully this will be addressed in the future.

In the meantime, the only way I have accounted for an RDM is by a manually configured fixed cost based on the size of the RDM and applied to the specific VM using the RDM.

Thanks.

Bill

0 Kudos
HemanthPannem
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

Chargeback 1.6 does not account for RDMs. This is already planned and being fixed for the next release.

Regards,

Hemanth

bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

As stated above - this is not accounted for - though my take on RDM is to charge the relevant end user / department for the full allotted storage allocated to the RDM. Ideally - If you have a storage team that also 'charge back'  - get them to manage this one.

One day I will virtualise myself . . .