VMware Cloud Community
deepak_ashwath
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can anyone let me know if Chargeback is capable of charging multiple VMs inside a vApp in the vCloud Director ??

We have a production vCloud Director where in 1 vApp has around 120 + VMs, if anyone has used vCloud, they sure should be knowing that there can be many VMs in 1 vApp,

Now the issue is, when Chargeback captures vApps via Cloud Data Collector, CB is only capable of capturing the vApp and not the VMs inside this vApp in vCloud , thus not allowing us to charge the mutliple VMs inside the vApp

Can anyone let me know if Chargeback is capable of charging multiple VMs inside a vApp in the vCloud Director ??

Thanks,

Deepak

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pmasrani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Deepak,

Chargeback is capable of charging multiple VMs under a vApp.

For VCD-CBM integration to work correctly, all the VCs added in VCD need to be added in CBM. Are the VCs added in CBM? If not, please add them and the VMs will sync in CBM.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Piyush

0 Kudos
deepak_ashwath
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Piyush,

Yes we have 1 vCenter and the VCD is pointing to 1 vCenter.

Yes CBM application has all the details of vCloud and vCenter and they are in sync and connected.

Both Cloud Data Collector and vCenter Data Collector services are up & running.

In the CBM, only the vAPP is showing up but not the multiple VMs inside the vApp.

We have 2 setups and in both the setups in CBM, the vApp in CBM does not show any muluiple VMs.

We have 126 VMs inside 1 vApp in vcloud director.

Thanks,

Deepak

0 Kudos
deepak_ashwath
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

....... CONT

We have 126 VMs in 1 vApp in vCloud Director, In CBM, only 1 vApp is shown and no VMs within the vApp is shown.

Piyush,

Another thing I would like to mention is we are referring to the vCloud Hierarchy in the CBM and not the vCenter Hierarchy.

Can you cross check and let us know.

0 Kudos
pmasrani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Deepak,

Are any VMs under any vApp appearing in CBM? If no, I believe the VC is added in CBM and in VCD using different IP addresses. In past, we have seen issues when VC is added to CBM and VCD using different IP addresses. CBM receives VC URL from VCD and tries to compare (FQDN comparison) it with the one it has obtained while adding the VC in CBM. If the URLs are different for the same VC in VCD as well as CBM, request you to change the URL in CBM to be same as the one in VCD and let the data sync.

If the VC is added with the same URL in both VCD and CBM, request you to open a service request for the same.

Thanks,

Piyush

0 Kudos