VMware Communities
DrWhoIs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

since i have tons of issues on windows 11 22H2 - will the workstation 22H2 will remedy this?

so basically:

- does workstation 22H2 solves the hyperv **bleep** i'm encountering now?

* monitor mode ULM

* very poor vm performance

* extremely slow snapshotting

* unable to install W10 22H2 update in vm's

- how safe is it to use the workstation 22H2 in production environment?

- alternatively: how to get rid of ULM mode in workstation?

* bcdedit to stop hyperv launch doesn't do the trick

* trying to uninstall hyperv using dsim or powershell does not work - i guess cause w11 22H2 installed VBS by default (and uninstalling isn't without risk it seems (Manage Windows Defender Credential Guard (Windows) - Windows security | Microsoft Learn)

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

The risk of using the Tech Preview in a production environment is that it is technically beta code and 100% unsupported. You can try it in development to see if it solves the issues you are encountering, but I’d wait for the Workststion 17 official release before deploying to production. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
DrWhoIs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

well v17 may be released asap 

cause this is driving me nuts...

0 Kudos
DrWhoIs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

anyone who went the disable defender guard way?

0 Kudos
DrWhoIs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i've tried every way that i can find to disable hyperv / VBS / credential guard using 

Manage Windows Defender Credential Guard (Windows) - Windows security | Microsoft Learn

it simply does not work

it's not active by group policy, the registry entries do not exist, the bcdedit command fails....

so there is afaics no way to disable it, and my vm's keep running in ULM mode which makes them unreliable and not workable...

please Vmware, release v17 asap...

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Have you tried the Tech Preview version?  It will be working close to the GA version when it is released... so it should answer your questions about your use cases.

0 Kudos
DrWhoIs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

no i did not - since i need it for production, not testing...

0 Kudos