VMware Workspace ONE Community
wmorris03
Contributor
Contributor

workspace 2.0 external access error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

having trouble with external access to a customer's workspace. The public IP redirects and I see the certificate for the workspace gateway and it tries to connect to /hc/authenticate/?SAMLRequest but it comes up This webpage is not available  error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
kzelenko
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is it possible that you have Windows Authentication (kerberos) enabled which redirects HTTP traffic to connector-va hostname? And connector-va is not accessible from outside.

0 Kudos
wmorris03
Contributor
Contributor

well, i think this particular issue was that we had not created an external A record yet for the workspace address. after adding it to my host file, i was able to login, but now when it tries to launch the RDS hosted apps from the horizon connection server i get Error: could not resolve hostname.

0 Kudos
RaviChayanam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You will need the horizon connection server also resolvable from the machines/devices where you are launching Horizon Apps.

0 Kudos
wmorris03
Contributor
Contributor

ok, how should this be done for external access then? I thought that connecting via workspace would take care of that..

0 Kudos
RaviChayanam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You will have a "CLIENT ACCESS URL HOST" - one per network range and per view pod you support. This field takes connection server or security server in your view pod. This connection server or security server needs to be accessible from external IPs for you to launch Horizon Desktop/Apps from Workspace Portal UI.

0 Kudos
wmorris03
Contributor
Contributor

so does this mean that i need to have an external IP for workspace and a separate external IP for the horizon view connection/security server?

0 Kudos
RaviChayanam
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes. Exactly.

0 Kudos
kinjo23
Contributor
Contributor

having the same kind of problem with me too

but i found the fix

http://www.deskdecode.com/dns_probe_finished_nxdomain/

0 Kudos
stacystar
Contributor
Contributor

hi that's because of some dns probe problem at your end....the back end of your server in working perfectly it's just that your dns has some dicrepencies..I found the solution for that here in this article..hope it will work at your end tooo. here is the link : http://errorcodespro.com/error-code-dns_probe_finished_nxdomain/

0 Kudos
TUTBBT
Contributor
Contributor

This is common error which can fix with few easy steps, Let me show with.

1. First you need to Open CMD.

2. Now just Run Below Command.

3. ipconfig /flushdns

4. Now just restart You computer, and Try.

If you are still getting same dns bad config android or like that then visit www.howtoseeks.com for more tutorial about this error.

0 Kudos
markfilan
Contributor
Contributor

The DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN problem was started due to incompatibility of IP addresses with computer DNS. To be more technical, DNS converts all messages from a domain into a form of IP address. The real problem arises when someone enters a URL in their browser; it's up to DNS to find a server with the appropriate server IP address. While in the general case, the search process is directed to the target site, but if the DNS fails, this will produce an error. Changing DNS server to Google DNS or OpenDNS , or remove all cookies and cached files on your browser will help to resolve this issue immediately. Like any other error, there are several ways you can solve these problems by yourself:

• Release or Renew Your IP Address
  • Change DNS server
  • Restart DNS Client service
  • Reset hosts file
  • Reset Chrome Flags
  • Reset Winsock program
0 Kudos