VMware Workspace ONE Community
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

vidm groups not syncing

We are new to vidm so this could be user error

When we add an AD group to vidm it will show up in the groups section in the users and groups tab but with a status of Not Synced. Even if i start a sync or leave it for hours ( i have an hourly sync schedule) it never changes and never adds the users in the group to vidm

the only way i can seem to get it to sync is to click the group and select the apps tab, click the add entitlement button and put a tick in the header bar to select all apps in the list and the save. Doing this will sync the users in the group even tho we dont have any apps in vidm.

we are only using vidm for vrops, vrb and log insight

is there something i need to do so i dont have to do that process for every group i add

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is by design. Users in groups won’t sync until there exist an entitlement. You can force users sync to happen by adding user OUs in the users tab.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

It seems strange to me that if you use vidm for the vrealise products only you have to add the group to an entitlement which consist of nothing to get the users to sync. It makes sence if you are using it for the likes of Horizon.

I could understand it if when integrating the likes of vrops that it creates an application for vrops that you then add the group entitlement to. but not having any applications defined confuses it somewhat

Can you explain the "you can force users sync to happen by adding user OUs in the users tab" i am not sure what you mean

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

During AD sync setup you have a groups tab and a users tab. If you add users in the user tab those will be synced..

0 Kudos