VMware Workspace ONE Community
jrhaakenson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vIDM Authentication Methods Missing Certificate Authentication Option

I am running vIDM 3.3.6 and attempting to setup Certificate Authentication.  My Identity Provider and Connector are all setup.  I have an Identity Provider (WorkspaceIDP__1) that is setup for Certificate Auth Method.  My Connector is configured to use the CertificateAuthAdapter which is Enabled (and configured) and shown as an Auth Method on the Identity Provider.  The IDM Connector is configured with our custom SSL certificate and Private Key as is the Passthrough Certificate on port 7443.  What I'm confused about is that Under the IDM Identity & Access Management Tab -> Authentication Methods I am missing the Certificate (Cloud Deployment) option completely (see screenshot below).  It doesn't exist.  All the research I do points me to Enabling Certificate (Cloud Deployment) as an Authentication Method for the Built-In Provider here, but it doesn't exist.  I'm not sure if it's not available in IDM 3.3.6 or if I should be using Workspace ONE Access or if I can upgrade from IDM 3.3.6 to Workspace ONE Access.  I'm sort of confused about it all.  Bottom line is I want to get certificate authentication working with my current IDM 3.3.6.  Currently when accessing the IDM connector URL I only get domain username/password authentication.

jrhaakenson_0-1666116974993.png

jrhaakenson_1-1666118141104.png

jrhaakenson_2-1666118206010.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
heman4
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos