VMware Workspace ONE Community
glennc1968
Contributor
Contributor

upgrade from 9.2.2 to 9.6

So i have questions on upgrading versions.  In reading different posts. it look like a upgrade path will be as follows? 
backup the db of course,  but than I need to upgrade the db to 9.3  But it seems i only have to skip the application upgrade to 96.  I wont have to do step upgrades of the application 9.3-9.4- ect. 
Am i on the right track? 
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
34 Replies
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

The only thing you have to ever step through (when required) is the dB. 9.x to 9.3 is a step.  9.6 requires your dB to be at the 9.3 level before upgrading. 9.7 has not been released on prem as of this post, so can't comment on that one.
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Luke is spot on. I just finished upgrading my environment from 9.1 to 9.6 with additional patch. Just upgraded DB to 9.3 and then jump to 9.6. Application can be upgraded directly from 9.1 to 9.6.
0 Kudos
KEVINSCHELLINGE
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,
I'm working on my process to go from 9.1 to 9.6 also. Per the OP post and your  comments I will need to do the DB upgrade 9.2, 9.3, 9.6. Then do the application upgrade strait to 9.6 correct?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Yep, the installer will stop and tell you to get the dB up to par. Once that is done, you can continue the upgrade of you application servers.
0 Kudos
KEVINSCHELLINGE
Contributor
Contributor

So will i run the 9.6 application installer on both the internal and DMZ servers or just internal?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

All Application servers, regardless of network location. Device services and Console servers.
0 Kudos
KEVINSCHELLINGE
Contributor
Contributor

OK, thanks!
OP, hope this helps, don't mean to hijack your thread.
One more question, Is it straight forward (on DB run the installers, on app servers run installer) or is it messy? I guess what I'm asking, for my first time is a better option professional services(i was told about $2000)?
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I guess whether to engage professional services or not depending on the size and complexity of your environment as well as knowledge with AirWatch products. I did engage PS for the first upgrade, and I've been doing it myself ever since without much of the issue.
0 Kudos
glennc1968
Contributor
Contributor

i have user groups created  will those transfer over. I heard some chatter about some issues?  Just making sure i dot the I's 
0 Kudos
MartinHnow
Contributor
Contributor

Great. We also want to start from 9.1 to the newest. When i download the update files, there are not the db-update to 9.3 in it, right? So i have to look for that myself?
0 Kudos
HERNDONBRENT
Contributor
Contributor

If you are on 9.2.0.421.....do you have to upgradte the DB to a specific level (like to 9.3) before going to 9.7?  What can you comment about the application?  Can that go from 9.2 to 9.7 directly? 
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, you need to upgrade your DB to at least 9.3 first. Then you can run the DB installer within 9.6 to upgrade to the latest version. Then upgrade your application servers to 9.6/9.7 directly.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Can't comment on 9.7 at all yet, it is not available for on-prem yet. 9.6 can go from 9.3 directly for sure.
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Today I upgraded from on-premise 9.4.0.5 using the 9.7 Full installer (actually 9.7.0.3). I ran the application installers until it said all services were stopped, then upgraded the database and then finished application servers (DS, Console). After they were all at 9.7.0.3 ran the 9.7.0.8 patch on all and so far all is well and all are at 9.7.0.8.

0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Glad to hear Rich. Do you have any auxiliary components installed in your environment as well?
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

No we don't use SEG or ACC if that's what you are asking.
0 Kudos
glennc1968
Contributor
Contributor

so i finally was able to attempt the upgrade.  I really dont know what happened.  The db upgrade went perfect no issues at all.   the app upgrade got almost done and failed.  I didnt have time to grab the log file before i had to restore back to 9.2.2    I am gonna attempt again tonight.   Also should I stop all the services prior?   Is there any other prep work?   It also at the end failed to restart the services?    I will let you all know how it goes tonight. 
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Glenn, services should be stopped either manually or by the installer before the application upgrade.
0 Kudos
nessaja
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, I've upgrade a customer from 9.2.0 to 9.7.0.8.
First step: update DB to 9.3 --> DB to 9.7. --> Db to 9.7.0.8
Second step: update DS and CS directly to 9.7 + Patch
Third step: update ACC / Migrate SEg to SEG v2 / Upgrade ENSv1
Fourth step: Update Content, Proxy Tunnel on my Linux Servers (Cascade Model).
All the steps runs smooth without any interruptions. I followed the guid and checked all requirements (connetions) twice.
https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/360010028554
Keep an eye on this
' For On-Premises customers upgrading to Workspace ONE UEM Console 9.7, there are minor updates made to the VPP framework that require access to Apple’s API endpoints. For additional information, please refer to the knowledge base article here. '
https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/360010146653

reagrds
0 Kudos