VMware Workspace ONE Community
allenoh1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thinapps doesn't launch when using VPN access to gateway

Hello,

We have a test lab that we're using to demo/test Horizon Workspace.  When we use a Windows 7 VM inside the local lab domain that the Horizon vApps are on, all of the functionality--including ThinApps--works fine.  However, when we VPN in to the lab and try to launch a Thinapp from Horizon, it seems to fail. No error messages--the thinapp just doesn't launch.

I've attached the Horizon diagnostics files from my local laptop that I've been using to try to launch Thinpps while VPNed in, if anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.  Thank you.

-Allen

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Today there is no real workaround for this. If you want to manage ThinApps the clients must be in the same domain as the ThinApp repository/Workspace.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Are you streaming or deploying the ThinApps locally? (By default its deployed locally)

Does dns work?

Can you access the thinapp fileshare with correct rights from the client?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
allenoh1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Using the default of deploying locally.

DNS does work.

I can access the Thinapp fileshare.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Is your clients in the same AD domain? In order to be able to dpeloy ThinApps your clients must be domain members..

0 Kudos
allenoh1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No, they're not in the same domain since Horizon is in our lab domain and my client laptops are part of our corporate domain.  Is there a workaround for this?

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Today there is no real workaround for this. If you want to manage ThinApps the clients must be in the same domain as the ThinApp repository/Workspace.

0 Kudos
allenoh1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you.

One more question. About to start testing this out with iPad and Android clients.  Is there any such requirement for these mobile clients to be part of an AD domain (not sure if that's possible)?

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

ThinApps will not work on mobile apps.. the domain restriction is only thinapps.

So, Mac, iOS and Android have no domain restrictions