VMware Workspace ONE Community
paul_eddy
Contributor
Contributor

supervised DEP iPhone iTunes BackUp not possible - locked to another computer

Hi there, 

I'm still new to Workspace One and still in learning periode. Howewer i'm working on customers (colleauges) issues to get more into our productive Environment for troubleshooting and administration.

We only use DEP Devices (iPhones, iPads) Since some time enrolled devices cannot perform iTunes Back Up. iTunes says the device is locked to another computer. We have no restriction profile defined. I tried to produce this error in our development environment, but there everything works fine. Only productive Environment has this issue. 

My understanding is, if no restrctions are defined everything should be allowed. But more and more I'm guessing, that we need to enable a restrction profile in order to allow iTunes BackUp. Does that makes sense?

Does Someone has the same issues and can give me a hand how to solve this issues?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
paul_eddy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There, me again 🙂

We found the issue. Within the DEP Sync Profil in Airwatch, there can also be set, that devices are allowed to connect to other hosts. It is the device pairing which is turned off. If you install a restriction profil, that allowes the pairing, it will not work. The device pairing in DEP profil has more rights than the restriction. 

0 Kudos