VMware Workspace ONE Community
drodgers07
Contributor
Contributor

"Unable to Install "NAME OF APP" You must purchase this app to install it.

Hello,

I've been dealing with an annoying issue for the last couple months. When I set up an iPad, it sometimes cannot get random apps. They are greyed out as though they're pending install but when you tap them they say "Unable to Install "NAME OF APP" You must purchase this app to install it. It is not always the same apps nor the same iPads.

My solution has been to wipe the iPad and hope when I set it up again they install successfully (which they usually do). I've checked that I have plenty of licenses available, I've tried on various iOS (all 13.x, I'm not ready to go to 14 yet). I've also experienced it on both iPad Air 2, iPad 5, and iPad 6. When I go to our app store it will give me the option to Install but when I click Install it just keeps saying Processing in the app store and never actually installs.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We have seen this on 2005 as well. Upgrading to 2008 tomorrow.

0 Kudos
JocelynB
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing this. Any updates?

0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

seen in 2005 deleting the app and downloading from the catalog again should work it shows up sometimes seems to corelate with bad network connectivity

0 Kudos
stevofu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I too am experiencing this, any updates?

0 Kudos
MarshBerry
Contributor
Contributor

RapidFS

@Stansfield wrote:

seen in 2005 deleting the app and downloading from the catalog again should work it shows up sometimes seems to corelate with bad network connectivity

Thank you for this post. Good luck.

0 Kudos
stevofu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi there, I support UEM Version: 21.5.0.2 (2105) Build Information: AIRW-AWCREL62-40

so do I have to delete the Purchased app (Keynote) from within UEM, wont this uninstall it from all IPads? then re sync with Apple Business manager?

my problem is that it only installed on 20 of 27 Ipads..

Cheers

Stephen

0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

uninstall from device not overall

0 Kudos
drodgers07
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I'm so sorry for the long delay and bringing back an old thread. Last summer (2020) when I made the original post I eventually got everything to install by continuing to wipe the iPads as needed. This then wasn't an issue until this summer when I experienced it again. Now my iOS is current (14.7.1) and WS1 is 21.2.0.14 (2102). A few other details:

This issue is different then the one where you can long-press on the app and say "Cancel Download" and let it install again. A great indicator for this particular issue is that there will be a cloud with an arrow icon next to the app. If I see this icon then I automatically know that no matter what I do I will not get this app to install unless I wipe the iPad and start over. Very frustrating. I have also tried installing the app through WS1 > Device > Apps but that doesn't work either.

I've heard of other schools having this issue and they too have not found any solutions. I really can't help but think this is a WS1 issue and it would be great if I can hear from others and if they've found any solutions.

Also I saw a few posts about deleting the app and re-installing it from the Catalog. Its not installed to delete.

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos