VMware Workspace ONE Community
VictorY2000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

"Horizon Files" is not seen in Workspace 2.1

In old version of Workspace, there is a service called "Horizon Files", but it is not seen in the latest Workspace 2.1. idea?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Seb1180
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

As from version 2.0 the files part is simply removed from Workspace. VMware has decided to discontinue that product which in a way I can understand. With the acquisition of Airwatch, Secure Content Locker will replace Horizon Files and that product is way more mature than Files was. Only thing so far that I came across, it seems not  capable of sharing folders with external people. There is a way to workaround this but I have been told by an Airwatch presale that this will be in their next release. To be confirmed.

Now you have 6 days left to benefit from the "no cost" upgrade mentioned in KB2076011 if you are entitled to it. So grab your phone and call everyone you can to have it done Smiley Happy Would be a shame to miss this.

When I say "no cost" in fact you get the SCL licenses for free. You have to signup for a maintenance contract which is normal and as it is an on-premise installation you will have to pay also for the implementation. But that s pocket money if you want my opinion for what it brings.

As from Workspace 2.1, SCL is now fully integrated in it.

Hopes this helps

Seb

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VictorY2000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

never mind, in the release note of Workspace 2.0, it mentions about it VMware Workspace Portal 2.0 Release Notes

0 Kudos
JumpyJW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I believe that solution is gone and will make a come back as file locker as part of the Air Watch integration?

0 Kudos
Seb1180
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

As from version 2.0 the files part is simply removed from Workspace. VMware has decided to discontinue that product which in a way I can understand. With the acquisition of Airwatch, Secure Content Locker will replace Horizon Files and that product is way more mature than Files was. Only thing so far that I came across, it seems not  capable of sharing folders with external people. There is a way to workaround this but I have been told by an Airwatch presale that this will be in their next release. To be confirmed.

Now you have 6 days left to benefit from the "no cost" upgrade mentioned in KB2076011 if you are entitled to it. So grab your phone and call everyone you can to have it done Smiley Happy Would be a shame to miss this.

When I say "no cost" in fact you get the SCL licenses for free. You have to signup for a maintenance contract which is normal and as it is an on-premise installation you will have to pay also for the implementation. But that s pocket money if you want my opinion for what it brings.

As from Workspace 2.1, SCL is now fully integrated in it.

Hopes this helps

Seb

0 Kudos
ferdis
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Is AirWatch Secure Content Locker in license Horizon Workspace Portal WSP-10-C , WSP-100-C, or only in Horizon Workspace Suite WSP-STE-C?

VMware used to have File Sharing until version of Workspace 1.8. From version 2.0 they switched to AirWatch Secure Content Locker.  Please is AirWatch Secure Content Locker in license Horizon Workspace Portal WSP-10-C , WSP-100-C, or only in Horizon Workspace Suite WSP-STE-C? Resp. is AirWatch Secure Content Locker in license Horizon Advanced, resp. in license Horizon Enterprise?

Thanks.

0 Kudos