VMware Workspace ONE Community
Calyps0Craig
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

"Failed to get user information" error when trying to login

Ahoy hoy,

When attempting to login to workspace, everyone is getting "Failed to get user information".

I think the issue may have come about as our domain controllers have changed IP address. Though it's still odd as I entered the domain name, not a specific DC. It could be coincidence I suppose as well.

When I log into https://HorizonWorkspaceFQDN/SAAS/login/0 to use a non-domain account and check, it logs in fine but there is nothing there apart from "Error detail: Null"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Craig

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Calyps0Craig
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

All fixed now. Found that resolv.conf was pointing to a DNS server which had its IP changed. This was set in the IP Pool on initial setup. I updated resolv.conf on all workspace VMs and also updated the IP Pools.

Rebooted and everything came back online. Happy days.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
robrie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

which bind-dn did you use?

regards

0 Kudos
Calyps0Craig
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It's a domain service account. It hasn't changed since implementation (almost a year now). It looks like DNS has not updated on the connector. When I change the server host to the IP of a newly IP'd domain controller, it works fine. When i change it back to the domain name, I get an error "Could not resolve DNS mydomain.com"

I think the connector needs its DNS flushed (a reboot doesn't appear to do this).

0 Kudos
Calyps0Craig
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

All fixed now. Found that resolv.conf was pointing to a DNS server which had its IP changed. This was set in the IP Pool on initial setup. I updated resolv.conf on all workspace VMs and also updated the IP Pools.

Rebooted and everything came back online. Happy days.

0 Kudos